Are You Eligible To Benefit From a Social Security Divorce Loophole? As discussed in previous posts on retirement and divorce, retirement planning for divorcees and the overall trend of the “gray divorce,” more men and women who are at or close to retirement age are choosing to divorce. That?s not to say gray divorcees are
PREMIER NAPA FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS
EMPATHETIC LAWYERS READY TO PROTECT YOU
PREMIER NAPA FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS
OUR GOAL IS SIMPLE: HELP YOU FIND A SOLUTION TO YOUR DISSOLUTION
We provide families with effective solutions and staunch legal advocacy throughout the separation and divorce process.
- Divorce for Professionals. For those in a professional career – attorneys, doctors, CPAs, etc. – there is often more at stake when it comes to divorce. Our skilled and financially savvy team (our founding partner is also a CPA) knows how to navigate the unique challenges of divorce for professionals.
- High Asset Divorce. If you are a high earner or have a significant amount of wealth and assets, you’re going to need a forensic accountant as well as the expertise and diligence of experienced attorneys who regularly deal with high asset divorce.
- International Divorce. Whether you or your spouse moved for work, or for other reasons, international divorce can be quite complex and you’ll need somebody who is adept at understanding the nuance and scope of your unique situation.
- Legal Separation. Simply moving out of the house is not being legally separated. Learn what you can expect during this process.
- Uncontested Divorce. Uncontested divorce means there is full alignment in terms of division of assets during a divorce. This is extremely rare where children and/or assets/property are involved.
- Out of State (Interstate) Divorce. Much like international divorce, those who live in separate states may be subject to inconsistent rules, procedures and protocol in different jurisdictions.
A child’s best interests must remain at the forefront in any custody and support dispute. We tenaciously protect the rights of our clients and their children in child custody and visitation matters as well as child support proceedings.
- Child Support Modifications. California child support orders are based on numerous factors, including both parents’ financial situations and circumstances at the time of their divorce. At Kaspar & Lugay, LLP, we understand circumstances change and our expertise allows us to assist you in seeking a modification to your existing child support order.
- Custody & Care of Special Needs Children. At our family law firm, you will work with a lawyer who recognizes and understands all that you are going through as you seek a stable future for yourself and your special needs child.
- Interstate Child Custody Disputes. Child custody is very often the most highly emotionally charged aspect of a divorce or separation. While our firm cannot promise to remove the painful dilemmas associated with an interstate or international child custody dispute, we can offer clear direction.
In a high net worth divorce in the Bay Area, as well as in households of more modest means, our attorneys draw on our experience in high-stakes litigation and our finance and tax backgrounds to obtain the most favorable property division settlement or judgment possible.
- Startups: Early Employees, High Level Employees & RSUs. Startup founders going through divorce tend to face more complex issues during property division proceedings because their stake in the company could be worth a considerable amount of money or very little if the company fails.
- Startups: Employees & RSUs/Equity. For employees going through divorce, understanding the vesting and distribution schedule of their RSU grant becomes incredibly important because these schedules not only determine when the employee is awarded equity, but how much that equity is worth.
- Startups: Founders & RSUs. At Kaspar & Lugay LLP in Corte Madera, California, we help startup founders and business owners alike handle the challenge of valuating and dividing community property, including RSUs, in divorce settlements.
- Personal and Inherited Property in Divorce. We enter each California divorce case we handle with determination to understand every nuance and find the best strategic approach. In matters of company, project, and franchising valuation, we turn to the most qualified industry experts, forensic accountants, and other professionals available to assess our clients’ positions.
We understand the many nuances of California law related to spousal support and alimony and we will diligently pursue a fair permanent award through the discovery process and trial when necessary.
Some Recent Articles You May Enjoy
Help your kids manage trauma from natural disasters This week, more than 26 million residents are under a ?red flag warning? due to spreading wildfires in California and Arizona. In Sonoma County, the Kincade Fire has destroyed more than 76,000 acres, land on which thousands made homes and built family memories. For those who don?t
Twenty-five years ago, a man named Steve Clark got married. Now, he is divorced and says the monthly alimony payments he is required to make to his ex-wife each month have him rethinking the prospect of getting married altogether. In fact, Clark says that if he had known he would be on the hook to
How a NASA astronaut ended up in family law’s orbit Chances are you aren?t an astronaut. Maybe you dreamed about being one when you were younger while you were counting the ceiling tiles in math class, but it is just a talented few who actually have The Right Stuff. At present, in fact, there are
Dating longer and living together before marriage have legal impacts In a previous post, we discussed the recent trend of older couples getting divorced at a greater rate than they were 30 years ago. The Baby Boomers are breaking up. But what about the other often-discussed demographic in our society, the Millennials? What family law
More and more couples are choosing not to grow old together It is inevitable that we grow old. For many, the idea of having someone with whom to grow older is a prized comfort. You might think, therefore, that men and women over a certain age would sit back and enjoy the so-called ?golden years?
Divorce deeply impacts all aspects of your life, not just your marriage. As prior posts on our family law site have covered (read more about retirement, the economy and property as they relate to divorce), the impact of divorce reverberates through parenting, housing, work, money, insurance, and retirement. Many men and women fear divorce will
Divorce is never simple. No matter the age, family make-up, location, or financial situation of a couple, the divorce process is inherently complicated. There are specific complications during a divorce if the couple involved is close to retirement. This is not only a complex topic but a timely one. More men and women are choosing